I am so honored and humbled to be nominated for the Liebster Award by the fabulous Ali at A Certain Sign of Grace. She writes a beautiful blog about how her relationship with The Lord informs her everyday life. Please go and check it out!
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award was created to honor and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere.
1. Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog.
2. Display the award on your blog.
3. Answer the questions asked.
4. Nominate other bloggers.
5. Create a new list of questions for your nominees.
1. What is your favorite book? The Bible.
2. Why did you decide to start blogging? I wanted to speak hope into the lives of others. I went through a period of time in dealing with my fibromyalgia where I started to feel hopeless (see my story here) and I would love to prevent others from having to deal with those same feelings. I hope by sharing my story I can help people see we can live a full and happy life regardless of our circumstances.
3. What is the significance of your blog name? Reclaiming HOPE really has two components: first, I am reclaiming my feelings of hopefulness, but HOPE is also an acronym for my plan for moving forward and living well: Healthy Diet, Optimism, Prayer and Meditation, and Exercise.
4. What’s your favorite season? Definitely Spring! After months of cold (which I REALLY don’t like) and drab landscapes, it starts to warm up and new growth starts to pop up everywhere. It’s such a time of renewal that it really lifts my spirits and makes me want to be outside.
5. Have you ever traveled outside of the country? Yes, I’m retired military so I’ve traveled overseas quite a bit. In fact, I’ve lived in Germany and Turkey – two years in each place.
6. How long have you been blogging? Since January of this year.
7. What is your favorite color? I can’t choose a favorite – I love them all!
8. Sporting event or concert? Neither – I don’t like to be in crowds. If I had to choose, it would be a concert though. I like to watch football on TV so I can see where the ball is. I just can’t tell what’s going on down on the field when I’m there in person. :o)
9. Mountains or beach? Beach
10. Where are you from? North Carolina
11. What is the best advice you’ve ever been given? Be yourself! That sounds simple, but sometimes we live our lives trying to please everyone else instead of being who God created us to be. Each of us is precious and unique, and we each have a lot to offer the world around us.
Since the Liebster Award is to help us discover new blogs, if you have fewer than 200 followers I nominate YOU! I thought this would be a great way for some of us to connect with other bloggers, so if you accept, please do a post sort of like this one then share your link to that post in the comments section below. It’ll be kind of like a blog party!
Since we’re learning about each others’ blogs, my questions will all be blog-related, and I’ll limit them to five instead of eleven so that hopefully, more of you will participate.
1. What do you blog about?
2. Why did you start blogging?
3. What inspires you?
4. Do you have an official blog plan or do you just write whatever comes to mind?
5. What have you found most surprising about blogging?
I’d like to thank Ali once again for nominating me for this award. I am truly touched and honored! Don’t forget to drop by Ali’s blog, A Certain Sign Of Grace when you have a chance!